2 Day Beginning Lash Class
Created for the novice or aspiring Lash Artist, Beginner Lash training is an intimate environment to insure that every student has ample personal attention and time to practice on live models. There are no more than 5 people in each class.
This class is for the student who is serious about learning the “Art & Science” of Eyelash Extensions. In learning The Occhi’ Method© the student will be instructed on:
- The Proper Hand and Body Posture – An important issue for many lash artists who experience discomfort while doing eyelash extensions.
- Ocular Health – Understanding Eye Health
- Sanitation – Proper sanitation is essential for a successful business.
- Basic Lashing Techniques – Handling double tweezers, isolation, pulling lashes and placing lashes.
- Importance of Proper Glue Usage – Most lash artists use twice the amount of glue they should use, leaving clumps of glue and causing “cross bonding” of lashes.
- Basic Eye Shapes and Design – Learn to artistically design and define an eye.
- Removal of Existing Eyelash Extensions – Without damaging the natural lash.
- How to Set Up an Effective Workstation
Beginning Lash Class includes:
- Hands on Training – on live models
- Beginners kit
- Training Manual
- Audio/Video feedback utilizing EyeTec© System (2 per student per class)
- Certification - Official Certification will be awarded to students who fulfill requirement standards set by The Occhi’ Institute. Continuing Education Units, where applicable.
We highly recommend that students completing initial training consider the Advanced Lash Class within a few months to continue honing their skills in creativity, artistry and speed, while receiving personal feedback on their basic technique. From our experience, Lash Artists that don’t follow up with continuing training often find themselves searching less than qualified sources for help and advice, and end up offering mediocre service, frustrated and working very hard for little money. Initially, we encourage students to send before and after photos so a member of the Occhi’ team can contact them and offer initial feedback and helpful hints on technique.
Contact Us for Registration
Please call 630-785-6668 to check available dates for specific classes, or check our quarterly class schedule to reserve space.
Occhi’ Institute can train students in any form of eyelash extensions (Beginning, Advanced, Volume or Advanced Volume), and certify them in these skills. While being certified, you MUST have a Cosmetology or Esthetics License to perform these services on clients.
If you possess a Cosmetology or Esthetics License, you must provide a copy to Occhi' Institute prior to the class. The fee you pay to Occhi' Institute is for training and certification in Eyelash Extensions, not any form of license.
If you live in a different State, it is your responsibility to understand the laws of the State in question regarding performing services.